Monday, September 26, 2005

All that matches isn't meant to be

---- exactly 1 month later, I have some updates---

I'd like to say that I don't know off the top of my head how match-dates I have had. I do know that I have had my profile viewed 11689 times (so far). I've received countless (only because I didn't count them) winks, and about half as many e-mails. Of the e-mails received I engaged in some kind of exchange with probably 1/3 of those, and my dates below are the result. A lot of hard work, determination, writing and wit was invested into securing these (ha ha). And now, the results of the three month stint on match.com.

1. J. Rome- Dinner date. Funny guy. Can't say more as J. Rome has become a friend and might read this. =)

2. Tall Man- Cute picture. We e-mailed for a while and then went to get lunch. Unfortunately, he was a bit awkward. I should have known as the emails were at times awkward. So then the whole thing became awkward. I had to carry the whole freaking conversation. Thought about requesting the lunch hour to be reduced to 45 minutes.

3. TeaTim- We talked mostly about cooking and going out in San Francisco. We met for Tea on Clement. Nice guy. We talked about reading, writing, our jobs. I never heard from him again, although I did see him walking to the same cafe one night.

4. OldManPeter- A bit out of my age range, but I conceded to go because he was very cute, nice, well spoken. Apparently he didn't think the same of me 'cuz after our date at Solistice he never called. Not a biggie, since it felt like I was being taken out by someone's older mature brother. ****And he's sent me two emails last week. It's been at least 2 months after our initial date. Sorry, you're a little late.

5. BillyBoy- oh, please go read about BillyBoy in the archives. He's from Los Angeles. =)

6. YoungBuck- How classic that I should run into him today. I didn't really want to go to lunch with him, but he kind of pressured me into it. Anyway, it was pretty terrible, starting with him asking me to take off my sunglasses. After that he continued to make remarks about my age, and how I probably wanted to date older men who would be my sugar daddies and buy me things. Then, after I said that we probably wouldn't be going out again (yes, he asked) he decided to e-mail me and make me the following offer " If you are ever want to hang out, or just be Friends-with-benefits he would be open to that." hahahahahahahahahh

7. TexasMan- Quick onto e-mail. Met for wine. A bit frail for me. Very funny and smart though. Apparently our meeting brought out some matchimosity though. A little to much rant for a girl from VA.

8. (OldManJohn) aka SensitveRacer- Have gone out twice. Had a great time. He's concerned that our lifestyles wouldn't mix, because of my late night raves. Oh wait. I don't do raves, and am in bed by 10pm most nights. There might be other things going on. Dunno. *** I have received a complaint from OldManJohn. Apparently he found the blog and is mad that I wrote about him. When I promised not to record our follies, I didn't know that I was going to do do a recap of all my dates. I have amended his "call name". =)

9. Swingin'Scott- Doesn't have picture on match, because he doesn't want to tell his friends about it. First suspicion was that he was married. He was going the friends-with-benefits angle. Although e-mailing and text messaging was fun, the actual meeting was flat. Turn offs: Swingin'.

10. StevieStiggs- Cute, nice, maybe a bit shy? Did match as a joke, which makes me feel on less of an even footing with him. .. and the rest is Private. Ha Ha Ha

11. SugarRay- very PHOTOGENIC, it appears. I'm thinking he thought that he might've been let the genie out of the bottle and was meeting his first wish. Coffe, bagel, and then we said goodbye.

12. Single Dad- yet to meet, although looks like his interest has faded. *** I say his interest is now 6 feet under.

13. High Flyer- been there, done that, bubble but. Went to italian, he told me he wanted to convert me to be an evangelical christian. yup, he totally "got me". I thought I was goign to absolutely die. Funny, but unfortunately no chemistry.

Number of dates: 12 (so far)
Number of friends: 1 (so far)
Number of make-out session: 0 (so far) **** 1 - No, your eyes are not deceiving you. This little girl from the Park got to make out with a hottie off match. And it was pretty darn fun. =) ******and again.

Fee paid for match.com: $50
Getting some blog material: Priceless

And for that, all you need is a SmartaDate

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU PROMISED !! :(

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - You are getting WORSE not better !!!!

Just shoot me.

I'm going to give YOU a handle. "WINDOW SHOPPER"

She'd rather write about it than live it !!!!

It's pretty safe behind that keyboard !!!

-Homer

6:04 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Clearly not a window shopper if she gotta kiss some goods, right?? Just a thought anonymous or should I say OldManJohn - so obvious! Ha ha.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home