Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The construction joke

I would like to sincerely thank Mr. Don Campbell for this joke. He told it to me and my friend Meredith (his daughter) in 1991? It remains a classic. =)

An Italian, a Scotsman and a Chinese fellow are hired at a constructionsite. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand and says to the Italianguy, "you're in charge of sweeping." To the Scotsman he says, "you're incharge of shoveling." And to the Chinese guy. "You're in charge ofsupplies."He then says, "Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you guysto make a dent in that there pile of sand.

So the foreman goes away for acouple hours. When he returns, he sees the pile of sand is stilluntouched. He says to the Italian, "Why didn't you sweep any of it?" TheItalian replies in a heavy accent, "I no getta broom. You tella theChinesea guy he inna charge ofa supplies, but he disappear and I could nofind him!"Then the foreman turns to the Scotsman and asks "Didn't I tell you toshovel?" The Scotsman replies in his heavy brogue, "Aye, ye did lad, but Icouldna get meself a shovel. Ye left the Chinee in charge of supplies, butI couldna find him!"

The foreman is really angry now, and storms off toward the pile of sand,looking for the Chinese guy. Just then, the Chinese guy springs out frombehind the pile of sand and yells "SUPPLIES!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Cameron H said...

Thats nice, but as someone with a degree in Construction Management, I see several flaws, if you would like I can comment on them.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home