Monday, March 28, 2005

Just say "NO"

Someone ratted me out. Yup, folks its true. I just turned 30. I hope you are as shocked, as most. I try my best to keep my immaturity at a fairly high level, even though I've been responsible (credit card debt not included) for my well being for years now. So it's not like it's time to get off Ma's couch or anything, but still there are apparently things associated with this 3-0 thing.

Anyway, here are some thing I heard you should do at 30, which I plan to ignore. =)

1. Stop shopping in the Junior's section.
2. Stop spending money you don't have.
3. Start dating- time's ticking.
4. Stop dating losers.
5. Start exercising more.
6. Volunteer (ha!)
7. Use the good china- Uhm.. what good china?
8. Cut my hair
9. Draw up a will
10. Treat a stranger to dinner (who thought of that one?)

I also have missed the boat on the following things that you are supposed to have done by the time you turn 30:
1. Start saving/buy a home (again, funny one)
2. Get married (and even funnier- I can't lower my standards any more. it'd be unjust to all those I snubbed in the past)
3. Establish yourself in a career (please remember my bout with unemployment just in October)

So what has happened to me in the last 4 years of my life.. Really nothing. Nothing to make this past Sunday SUCH A BIG DEAL. I mean, I'm excited about the party my friends are throwing me, but since no one ever believes me that I am/was 29, and I doubt that has changed in the last 24 hours, I just can't see what the big deal is. And I'll continue blowing off all the good stable advice I keep getting. ... from strangers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you can TOTALLY lower your standards more!! Come on, there are tons of losers who would LOVE to go out with a newly-annointed 30-year old....

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home