Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I'm a 3 today. Yeay!

So is "stress" just a lot of things on your mind? I feel STRESSED when I have a lot going on, a lot of things to remember, deadlines, deliverables, plans. Like last week; lots to do at work; buying a car; selling a car; search for a new roommate; holiday return deadlines; exercise; social engagements; holiday decorations take down & etc. It makes me "stressed" just thinking about it.

Or is it this... Is it that our human brain only has the capacity to function doing oh... let's say 6 things. Six fairly important things can continuously be handled.

And these would have to be 6 singular issues. Not more. (Maybe a person such as the President of the United States (not the current one though) you can handle 8 fairly important things. But with more then eight even he/she gets STRESSED.)
A THING is not necessarily like selling a car.. where you have to clean it, list it, field e-mails, make appointments, show up at meetings, deal with insurance, send in DMV notice... It's more like Get Groceries or Go to Yoga or Get Nails done.

This means that I really only have room for 3 issues to come up in my life. (So I think that is why people make lists. Because it takes some pressure off the mind. You know that your goings-on are safely stored on a piece of paper. Now just don't loose that. =)) I always have Walking the Dog, and usually have Go to Yoga, and Weekend Going Out Plan. Only three slots left if we are to leave me the pleasant well adjusted young urban chick that I like to be. If there is a Thing that needs to be brought up to my attention, I'd appreciate someone checking on how many current issues I'm dealing with. What my NUMBER is.. ooooooh. I think I'm on to something. I might post my number daily at 9am with noon, 3 and 6pm updates (PST).

Today I'm a 3. Walk the Dog. Weekend Plan. Trip to LA.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Great so this blog can be like a planner!

In that case, don't forget, LMA meeting, Monday plans - it is a holiday after all... and I know there is more, I just know it.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

Marta, I posted a real clever comment, but apparently you did not like it and deleted it. I am saddened by this. Apparently you are a little touchy on the subject of Becca, but I will back down and make sure my comments are only uplifting, and no more down lifting ones.

Or maybe I just did not post it right, in which case I will continue with my downlifting.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Smarta said...

Cameron- Mine is a censor-free blog. Please repost. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

Sorry, but I am male, which means that my atttention spam is about 10 minutes, after that, my memory is gone.

I know it involed Becca, a dayplanner and three nuns, other then that you got me

3:47 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Today you are an MIA... not a word all day... not even via email. What up miss?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Cameron H said...

We want Marta, oh where is Marta, how come Marta has left us?????

Please come back Marta.

Becca: Do we have another Ted on our hands? A female version of Ted?

7:28 PM  
Blogger David said...

You used parentheses inside parenthesis inside this post.

I like that.

F grammar.


blog on

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home