Monday, January 10, 2005

Weighing in.

This is my theory. I have, on occasion, shared this theory with some friends. I have also shared it with people I have met at bars, that I will never run into again. It is not scientifically proven, but more something that is reaffirmed time after time.. like whenever you can't find your fastpass, you also don't have a dolla and a quata in your wallet.

Girls judge men by yes, no, maybe.
Men have a sliding scale.

When a man walks into a bar... (insert joke here) he immediately asseses the situation. What kind of scene is this? What's the Ratio? What are the other guys like? Average age of citizen etc. Then he goes to his scale. It's kind of like tuning your banjo. It's always ready to be played, but needs to be adjust for distance traveled, song (bullshit)and if there are any amps in use (amps could be anything-drugs, drinks, holiday mood etc.)
Now the girls become 9's, 8'ts 7's... 2's.. whatever. The rating of the girls go up and down all night. And hopefully, he wakes up next to no lower than a 5 the next morning.
A scale that allows for changes in the environment, fluctuates with liquids consumed, and is widely understood in many languages.

When a woman walks into a bar.. She has; Yes, No, Maybe. That's it. No halfsies. No mystery. Yes. No. Maybe. If you are a No- you will always be a No. It is in line with a dream of space travel, to go from a No to a Maybe, yet alone a Yes.
A maybe holds his future in wit and drinks consumed (by lady.)
A Yes.. what can I say. A yes just needs to say hello, my name is.. yes.. would you like to go on a walk?!
Easy as pie.




1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Man, it seems that all I know are "no's" and on the very rare occasion I find a "yes" he must view me as a 4.

The complexity of dating, thank goodness for the consumption of alcohol to fuzz the line of the maybes of the world, at least momentairly.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home