Monday, January 10, 2005

reĀ·bound

To spring or bounce back after hitting or colliding with something.
To recover, as from depression or disappointment.

That's about right!? So you date someone...and maybe things don't work out... that's okay. We all know that we have the propensity to rebound; to get back to our original place, position, what-have-you. Now I just need to figure out how..

... how to meet HIM.

I'd like to meet my rebound. He wouldn't have to be all the things I am looking for, just some of them. He could totally have baggage, he could be divorced, he could even be a consultant. =)
Is this asking too much? I know I have asked too much in the past, but really, in this situation, am I not just asking for a little tiny bit? Like couldn't my friends just make new friends.. or be friendlier with some work people? Expand our social circles just a smidgen, so maybe, fantastically, someone I have not yet met, who would not have slid under my previously iron curtain standards, comes to drinks? This seems at times like asking to meet the love of your life.. tonight.. on my way home.. when I promise not to make any eye contact with strangers while holding my pepperspray in front of me. Anyway, so I'd still like to meet my rebound.. lovingly referred to as Mr. R.

One thing that we did find out this weekend.. is that you don't meet him dancing on stage. Oh, well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I can honestly say that I am scared of some of the replies you may receive to this post.

Thank goodness the weekend wasn't an entire waste. No more dancing on stages, bars, dancing period while looking for "Mr. R."

Bowling Friday?

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home